Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Abstracted Figurative Paintings A subset of the Annabelle Series

The Good Model
24x24x1.5 Mixed Media/Cnv

A busy last two weeks as I begin yet another series in a slightly different style.  Prevailing wisdom in the art world says the artist should develop and hold fast to one particular and recognizable style.  Galleries prefer this when taking on an artist.  Collectors don't always appreciate an artist's change in direction.
I started my art career focused on landscapes. I still love landscapes.  
But right now I'm in love with abstracting the figure. 
Last month floral mixed media pieces had my heart.
I don't mean to thumb my nose at prevailing wisdom, but I do believe my best art will come by following my gut and painting only what excites and delights me, regardless of style, medium or subject matter.

Ladies Night 56x24x1" Acrylic/canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment