Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Mixed Media Floral Painting

Mimsy
24x18x1.5
Mixed Media
$ 750.00


Shipping or local pick up
Finally I found the nerve this past year to try some radically different (for me) art.  I've recently become intrigued by mixed media but couldn't bring myself to try some out.
I was held back by the false and negative belief that this sort of art was "decorative" and not "real" or "serious" art. What a snob. Glad I found my way out of that mind set.

I love the colors and textures and the bigness of the canvases on which I'm painting this "Annabelle" series.  People respond to the colors and tell me they feel a sense of joy and happiness.  This thrills me; it's exactly what I want to convey in these paintings.

I am so thankful to get to do what I love every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment