Monday, March 16, 2015

Bird oil paintings Birds Studio Tips Good Books How to eat healthy quotes original art Tracy Haines

I love painting birds and flowers from time to time.  Few items in nature allow full- on color like these two subjects do. This sweet Junco is available from my Etsy shop at Tracy's Etsy Shop

Studio Tip of the Day:

Before


Get rid of chocolate from your studio!  I filled a lovely wire basket with small bites of chocolate, after reading another artist's blog about how every studio is incomplete without chocolate.

This has not worked for me!  One small indulgence always, without fail for me, leads to 20 small indulgences and I might as well just buy and eat 3 KitKat bars a day.  I feel bloated, sluggish and decidedly unhealthy lately.
I am now detoxing on Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live and feel oh so much better!
After



His book is interesting and full of great tips on eating well. My husband and I have committed to giving this a try for a full 6 weeks.  Stay tuned! :)

Quote of the Day:

 Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take; and good poets make it into something better, or atleast something different.The good poet welds his theft into a whole of feeling which is unique,  utterly different from that from which it was torn. - T.S. Eliot
This is true in art as well.  Wolf Kahn thinks so.  So does Austin Kleon.  So do I.
Enjoy your day and thank you for checking in!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment