Monday, August 21, 2017

HUGE Overstock Sale of Original Art Blow Out Sale




Constipation and the Big Purge

I paint prolifically.
When I start to accumulate too many new works and do not have an associated increase in the number of sales, two things happen to me.

First, I begin to dislike some of my paintings simply because they have not sold.  I forget that maybe a given painting has only ever been seen in one or two shows, so I really have not given it a fair chance.  If I'm not smart and don't put it away and out of site for a while, I often destroy, throw away or paint over the image.  Often, I regret this since I photograph everything. Countless times I have reviewed an image and thought, "That really was a very nice piece! Why did I destroy it?"  Countless other times a piece that I started to dislike but did not have a chance to destroy, has subsequently sold.
(Some pieces, of course, are bad and should be destroyed, but I am not talking about those right now.)

Second,  I lose the impetus to paint.  I become "constipated" of further creative output.
When this happens, collectors are in luck because the only way out for me seems to be a big, fat purge. I give paintings away to special collectors and very close friends, or greatly lower the prices and auction them off on eBay.

Now is another one of those seasons and this time, I am doing a purge of a magnitude I haven't done before.  But I am in serious tidying up mode, having just re-read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.

If you are interested, here is a link to the Big Purge.  ( Click, " Blow-Out Sale" )
 All works, big and small, are $200.00 until Saturday, from this portfolio:

Blow- out Sale!


Whatever does not sell from the website will be on sale at the Affordable Arts Festival at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, CO for $ 100.00. One day only: Sunday, August 27, 9-3

No comments:

Post a Comment